How to Clean Your Cricut Cutting Mat
- Use a plastic scraper to remove particles that are stuck to the cutting mat.
- Use a lint roller to remove any debris still sticking to the cutting mat.
- Dip a soft cloth into soapy water and use it to clean the mat if there is still debris on the mat. If you wish a sponge, Magic Eraser comes highly recommended.
- Spray a degreaser on the mat. For very dirty mats that are not sticky, this is your best bet. If your cutting mat is still sticky avoid using a degreaser on it.
- Allow the cutting mat to dry by airing it.
How to Get Your Cutting Mat Sticky Again
Sometimes after long term use, the cutting mat loses stickiness and doesn’t hold materials. What you get as a result is inaccurate cuts and errors here and there. You can get your cutting mat sticky again. Here’s how;
- Use alcohol and a scraper to scrape off the original adhesive surface.
- Use masking tape to tape off the top, bottom left and right sides of the cutting mat. You will need to keep the edges non-adhesive to prevent them from sticking to the rollers of the Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Spread repositionable adhesive on the cutting mat. Some adhesives you can use are quilt basting spray, repositionable spray adhesive, repositionable glue sticks, and other repositionable adhesives.
- Ensure that the adhesive you apply is thinly spread so that the cutting mat is sticky to the right degree.
- Allow the cutting mat to dry.
- Take off the masking tape on the edges.
- Your cutting mat is ready for use again.