With an extended period of use, it is likely that your machine would have collected dirt and grime. So, here are some tips on how you can clean your machine and keep it looking and working as new.
- Prior to cleaning the machine, make sure that it has been powered off and disconnected from the power source.
- Use a microfiber cloth or a piece of soft clean cloth sprayed with a glass cleaning solution to clean the machine.
- In the case of static electricity build-up on the machine due to dust or paper particles, use the same cloth to wipe off the residues and get rid of the static from the machine.
- For grease build up on the bar that allows the carriage travels, use a soft cloth or tissue or cotton swab and gently remove the grease from the machine.
- Do not use nail polish remover or any other acetone-containing solution to clean the machine, as it may permanently damage the plastic shell of the machine.
To keep the machine running smoothly, you may want to grease it following the instructions below:
- Power off your machine and carefully push the “Cut Smart” carriage to the left of the machine.
- Use a tissue to wipe the carriage bar (located in front of the belt).
- Now, carefully move the bar to the right and clean again with the tissue.
- Carefully move the bar to the center and use a cotton swab to lubricate both sides of the carriage by “applying a light coating of grease around the bar to form a 1/4-inch ring on each side of the carriage”.
- In order to evenly distribute the grease on the carriage, slowly move the carriage from one end to another a couple of times and wipe off any excessive grease.
(Note – It is recommended to use grease packet supplied by “Cricut” only, and no other grease from a third party should be used).