If you love craftsmanship and you want to buy Cricut, you’ll want to study extensively about the 3 best Cricut machines for novices just before buying one.
I love to create beautiful crafting projects and have researched the best Cricut machines for beginners for my needs. Cricut machines are the best tools for your sassy house to make and cut decorations!
For many reasons, their popularity continues to rise. One such reason is that the machines offer superior power. Moreover, you don’t need to be an experienced hand in using these machines. In this section you will understand more about some of the best Cricut machines for beginners so you can make intelligent and knowledgeable choices.
Before you examine these machines, it would be great to learn first how to select them. After all, the market has various varieties. Each model has a few advantages and disadvantages that distinguish it from competition. It is therefore vital that you learn first what to look for before you shoot to buy the machine. Otherwise, a product that is not going to serve you may end up.
The most important qualities to look at in the Cricut machines are:
- Personalization features
- Mat Size
- The LCD display (while optionally depending on your liking)
Cricut Explore One
The Cricut Explore One is ideal for anyone just starting precision cutting and production. Anybody who knows these machines will notice the differences with Cricut Explore Air 2 that they share. This version is much cheaper, however. Although Bluetooth technology is lacking, users can add the Bluetooth wireless adapter of their choice. This makes cutting with Mac, iPad, PC or iPhone easier.
The fact that the machine cuts large-scale materials is one of its biggest attractions. Would you like the cardstock, fabric, leather sheets or paper and vinyl sheets to decorate your home? Then Cricut Explore One would be the best tool for any of these. However, the attractive features do not end there. The Smart Set technology of the machine is also possible to perform various tasks:
- Precision cuts on every material
- Design of custom setup for broad materials
- Making clean cuts in various shapes and sizes
- Supports cartridges ideally suited to beginners
- Its software designs space is easy to use but also free.
Cricut Explore Air
The Cricut Explore Air is one of Cricut’s best beginner machines. It has everything you need to make and cut different materials for your townhouse and convert it into a vibrant space in such types of machines.
It cuts different types of materials with incredible accuracy. Moreover, the machine cuts more than 60 different kinds of materials including:
The machine has many other attractions, which include a double carrying unit which is suitable for cutting and marking. For you, what does that mean? Simply put, you can simultaneously cut and write custom messages. In addition, it has a dual tool holder to ensure that your pen and blade are always close to you. In contrast to Cricut Explore One, this model comes with Bluetooth technology to support anyone who wants fast and efficient wireless cutting.
- Cuts and writes various stuff in one step
- Features sturdy blades
- The machine is easy to configure
- Supports cartridges
- This is very convenient
- It is iPad-compatible
- Facilities orange gridlines which keep designs central
- Perfect to wireless cuts
- Cannot work without an online link
- Designs orange gridlines
Cricut Explore Air 2
This is twice as fast as the previous model we just talked about. In addition, just a few minutes are required to have precise cards or other materials that you need to decorate your house.
More than 100 different types of materials can be cut using this machine. This ability alone makes it one of the best Cricut machines for beginners. The material types it cuts include:
- Specialty paper
- Vinyl sheets
- Faux leather
- Poster board
- Adhesive foils
Cricut Explore Air 2 comes with a function known as Cut Smart, which facilitates accurate cuts. The same technology ensures also that pre-calibrated materials are selected painlessly.
It also works well with cartridges, thanks to the first-class German Carbide blade. You will also like to receive additional help from the beginning guide, over a hundred free images, over 50 free project ideas, cardstock and the standard cutting mat.
- Has no problems cutting through printable images
- Easy to use
- Cuts and writes twice as quickly as any other model
- Has a simple material setting
- Has a lovely and trendy design full of traditional colors
- Highlights numerous free images
- Highlights many ideas for precision cutting material.
- The software can be difficult to some people
- The cutting mat loses stickiness fast.
How to Make Stickers with Your Cricut?
The supplies that you will need:
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Printable sticker paper by Cricut Instructions
- Log in to your Cricut Design Space account.
- In the Cricut Design Space, you will need to click on Starting a New Project. Then, select the image that you would love to use for your stickers. You can use the search bar on the right-hand side at the top to locate the image that you want to use.
- Next, click on the image and click Insert Image so that
the image is selected.
- Click on each one of the files that are in the image file and click the button that says Flatten at the lower right section of the screen. This will turn the individual pieces into one whole piece. This prevents the cut file from being individual pieces for the image.
- Now, you want to resize the image so that it is the size that you wish it to be. This can be any size within the recommended space for the size of the canvas.
- If you want duplicates of the image for sticker sheets, you should select all and then edit the image and click Copy. This will allow you to copy the whole row that you have selected. Once you have copied, you can then edit and paste the multiple images to make a sheet. This is the easiest way to copy and paste the image over and over again.
- At this time, you are ready to start printing your stickers. Click the Save button on the left-hand side of the screen to save the project and chose the option Save as Print and then Cut Image. Once done, you can click the green button that says Make It. This will be located on the section to the right of the screen.
- Verify that everything is how it needs to be and click Continue. This will give you a prompt to print the image onto your paper. Make sure you have used the sticker paper for the stickers. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Print out the image with your printer. If the Cricut sticker paper is too thick for your printer, using a thinner sticker paper is fine.
- After the design is printed, adjust the Smart Set dial to the appropriate setting. Place the paper onto the cutting mat and load it into the Cricut machine by pushing against the rollers. Press your Load and Unload button that is flashing.
- Press Go, and this will begin to cut your stickers. Since the stickers are small and intricate you will need to be patient.
- A tip for getting a good cut is to not touch the mat and once the first cut is made and done, repress the flashing button to re-cut the stickers on the same lines that were previously cut.
Steps for Making Planner Sticker
Supplies needed are as follows:
- Log in to the Cricut design spaces.
- Start a new project and click on the Images at the screen’s left side. Select the image(s) you want.
- Click on the Text icon and input your text.
- Select the font of your desire from the available font package.
- Highlight the texts and change the color by using the available colors on the color tray.
- Click on the Print option to change the file from a cut file to a print file.
- Click on the Ungroup icon to adjust the spacing of the text.
- After adjusting the spacing, highlight all and use the Group icon to make them one whole piece again.
- Click on the Shape icon and insert a shape.
- Change the shape’s color using the color tray.
- Highlight the text and use the Align drop-down box.
- Make use of the Move to Front icon to move the text to front.
- Highlight the design and click on Group.
- Highlight the whole image and use the Flatten button to solidify the design as one whole piece.
- Resize the design to the appropriate size you need. You realize this by clicking on the design then dragging the right side of the box to the size you desire.
- Click Save at the top left to save your project. Save it to be a Print and Cut image, after which you click the Make It button at the right hand of the screen.
- Examine the end result and click Continue if it’s what you expected. This will lead you to print the design onto the paper.
- Adjust the dial on the Cricut machine to the required settings.
- Place the sticker paper on the cutting mat.
- Load the cutting mat into the machine, and push it against the rollers.
- Press the Load/Unload button and then the Go button to cut the sticker.
- Your planning sticker is ready.